- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Wind Engineering Research: What’s in it for you?
7 oktober 2022 van 12:30 pm tot 6:00 pm
The Stuurgroep Windtechnologie, or Dutch-Flemish Wind Engineering Association, hosts its first symposium ‘Wind Engineering Research: What’s in it for you?’ on Friday the 7th of Octoberuesday at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e).
Scope of the symposium is twofold: first to provide an overview of state-of-the-art research in Wind Engineering, mainly focusing on the Netherlands and Flanders, and second, to encourage a discussion on the topic ‘Research and industry, how can they benefit from one another’.
During the half-day event, there will be six presentations (in English):
- Weather forecasting at city scale (KNMI)
- Can we use city details to improve urban flow conditions? (TU Delft)
- Long-term monitoring of wind-induced vibrations in a high-rise building (TNO)
- Wind loading aspects of PV panels on flat roofs (Peutz)
- Microscale wind conditions in seaport areas (TU/e)
- Weather Research and Forecasting for wind engineering in non-neutral atmospheric boundary layer conditions (Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics)
More information about the presentations can be found here.
The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion which aims at addressing the following questions:
- Is the research focus set in the right direction?
- Can the gained knowledge help, to which extent and in which way?
- Are there other relevant topics that researchers should look into?
The day will be concluded with a technical tour and drinks at the TU/e wind tunnel including a technical tour (optional).